Friday, June 26, 2009

Round Sunglasses? Forget it.



It seems that everyone in fashion journalism is obsessed with round glasses for summer. I'm here to tell you otherwise. I don't care how hot Daniel Radcliffe is; among my friends, round glasses are just not happening. While Ray-Ban Wayfarers may be soo last summer for some, they have certainly caught on more strongly among my friends since Spring Break 09.

The more fashion forward kids at my school returned from last summer sporting New Wayfarers (the smaller frame is much more flattering than the original for most). October 08 was filled with lots of dress-up parties where girls came dressed as Tom Cruise from Risky Business. (Is it just me, or who doesn't love wearing oversized oxfords and the rest of that look?) The homecoming game featured tons colored knock-off Wayfarers in school colors. After building the first half of the school year, the look took hold again in Spring and isn't being replaced. As I look around my peers at Sconset, not a round lense to be spotted.


Love the folding Tortoise model. (image from Amazon.com)

1 comment: